Sunday, November 10, 2013

Almost FREE Education

Not that I promote formal learning or education... but it is the closest thing I'd want for a government. So, when I heard of it, I of course enrolled. It is called Massive Online Open Course or MOOC. My uni (oi, like I really am getting educated, I am making Huckleberry blush!) is called Iversity and you can read about them here... One of the courses I enrolled into is Design 101. And I was blown away the first day! Mr. Stefano Mirti shares a lot you'd think his lectures (he calls them postcards!) are your own wayward scribbles and notes while you are suicidally bored listening to your trigonometry or character education teacher in secondary school. Imagine actually watching Pink Floyd's legendary anthem right on his class postcards? You should check out the other links as well! This is the coolest cool next to Antarctica I've had in centuries! Not that I've landed in that continent, silly. Imagination, my dear.
And now that I am trying to make this idle brain and body useful, I am now wondering if these courses will be credited when I apply for a corporate job, eh? Or if I'd require recognition from civil society groups to join their communal workforce?
Hey,  if it is of relevance, I created this in less than an hour for the course!

No comments:

Post a Comment